Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Difficulties in finding a topic

Well, looks like it's been a long time since I blogged. I was in search for a good topic to blog on.
It was very difficult to pick one. After some days and a lot of thought, I realised that I had one amazing topic to write about and this topic materialized.
Very often, people think a lot about something a lot and miss the very obvious. This happens a lot when I used to crack PJs( Poor Jokes - I will need a separate blog to explain why this sentence is in past tense. Will post that sometime in the future).
The punchlines involved in the PJs will usually state the very obvious. Looks like I have deviated a lot from the topic ;-).
Coming back to the topic in hand. Some of my attempts to find a topic included :
1) Looking for an inspiration, just like my previous topic. Unfortunately, could not find one
2) Haven't seen any movie recently worth mentioning. This was one of the reasons which led to my first topic
3) Tried to learn from life. I feel that there is a lot to learn from life and every leason cannot be blogged. Especially some of the really private ones :-) ....
4) Out of desparation, asked a few people around for some good topic. I got some really good suggestions and some not-so good suggestions.
Neither of this worked out and here I'm finally writing about the difficulties associated with finding a good topic to write about.
What are the characteristics of a good topic?
From what I realized during my short span of blogging, topics have to be either
1. Entertaining
2. Thought-provoking
3. Different
4. Non-controversial

So the most difficult part in selecting a topic that meets at least most of the above criteria..

Finally, I'm stuck and am not getting a good topic to blog about :-( .......

The saying "There is always a light at the end of a long dark tunnel" holds good here. My only hope is that the light does not turn out to be that of a speeding train...

Good day everyone... Thanks a lot for reading my blogs... Will blog on some interesting topic very soon .... after all life gets very interesting as days pass by...

2 comments:

Priti Shantaram said...

Hey...u said topics have to be entertaining, throught-provoking, different or non-controversial...i think every topic is controversial...since people think so differently!! Some ppl (like me) enjoy reading and replying with their own thoughts...and some don't. Don't be bogged down by blogging!!!! C'mon...write whatever u want...don't think too hard...let the words flow!!

MetalHead said...

Well to reply in one sentence... Every topic is either entertaining or thought-provoking or different or non-controversial as a person perceives it....

As somebody said "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder , oops! I meant beholder".... The same holds good with the blogs as well....