Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Rain - A short story

Disclaimer : The characters and events in this story are fictious . Any resemblance to those living or dead is a pure coincidence.

As I sit next to the window, I see beautiful droplets of water on the leaves, moist sky and green grass. The rain makes everything look beautiful.. As I saw the rain get heavier, my memory jogged back to a time not so long ago....

I was a happy-go-lucky guy, with no care about the world, living everyday as it was the last. All I wanted to was enjoy life to the fullest. It was just another day or it seemed so in the morning on the way to office... and then it started raining in the evening. All I felt was that it was just another rainy day,with flooded streets and serpentine traffic jams and it would be a very long drive back home..

I started driving back home and as feared got stuck in a traffic jam.. But, was it worth getting stuck in a traffic jam? .. this was worth it.. I saw a dark shadow jumping on the puddles on the footpath and enjoying the rain.. as the shadow neared me.. I could see the face more clearly.. I started feeling better.. and it seemed like an angel had descended on this wet world.. and I yearned to see the angel better.. and as she came close to my car.. i could see her round blue eyes ,flowing hair, the dimple in her cheeks and the beautiful smile.. and I was in a different world.. and there came the rude awakening.. a shrill horn!!!

The traffic started moving .. and she had disappeared... Looks like my luck had deserted me as usual.. I never had any luck in my life.. I started moving again .. but this time around, I enjoyed the rain and the thought of that angel.. Who was she? Will I ever see her again??

To this day, I hope that I can catch a glimpse of her again in my life and my hope increases every time it rains.. Who is she?? She is my angel, my beautiful angel...

Author's footnote : We see a lot of people day in and day out. There are some unknown people whom we remember for some good reasons and yearn to meet. This is such a story where the protogoanist may or may not meet that girl again...

4 comments:

Priti Shantaram said...

Looks like the 'metal'head has softened up!! ;) Best of luck with future downpours!!!!

MetalHead said...

It is just a change from usual... Thought I'll make my fans feel good for a change ;-) ...

BTW,the disclaimer is there for everyone to see :P

Subha Devanathan said...

a cute mini story :) this is something which happens to everyone in their life but seldom do we sit back and think about it... even if we do, we hardly express it out.... nice one bro!!! looking forward for more :)

Subha Devanathan said...

btw, does it rain in the place u live??? lol :P